What it contains: 100% organic plant dyed felting wool (light and dark yellow); 4 small pieces of jute; 2 felting needles; 1 foam rubber pad; star pattern; instructions in several languages including English.
To avoid single-use plastic, we've asked the producer to pack in paper rather than plastic for us, which is why the label is slightly roughly taped to the front of the bag (last photo).
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Germany
- Organic? Yes!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Organic sheep's wool, plant dyes, metal (needles), jute, felting pad foam tbc
- What's it packaged in? Paper bag
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100% except maybe the foam - checking!
- Vegan? No - sheep's wool
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes - responsible farming
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100% except the foam
- Reusable / refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Must be old enough to needlefelt - 6+ or 7+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Not sure about the foam looking into that; otherwise we're happy with this one - but love to hear your suggestions!