A non-toxic and plastic-free potato starch glue. Recyclable tin and includes a natural bristle brush. Made in Italy by Coccoina.
What it contains: 125g potato-starch glue, natural-bristle brush, in aluminium tin
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Italy
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Italy
- What's it made from?
- Glue: 90% potato flour in water, natural plant-based moistening agents, food preservatives, almond fragrance.
- Brush: pig hair, aluminium
- Tin: Aluminium
- What's it packaged in? Aluminium tin - reusable and highly recycled (75% of all Aluminium ever created is still in use - the equivalent for plastic is somewhere between 1% and 9% depending who you listen to)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? The glue and tin are, but the 'natural bristles' are from pig hair :-( Brushes are difficult - they're typically either animal hair, or nylon (plastic). For our general painting brushes we went with nylon hairs. This is the only glue we've found without a plastic bottle so far so we'll continue with it until we can find a vegan equivalent. We do have vegan plastic-free glue in a plastic bottle, here.
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes (the tin)
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Standards met: Relevant food standards
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes but please note it contains almond fragrance
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We're happy! But let us know what you think!