Be your very own Chocolatier with this fun and tasty chocolate truffle making kit!
This lovely kit comes with everything you need to make 50 indulgent truffles. All you need to add is cream!
Handmade in beautiful County Cork, this kit contains organic chocolate packaged in simple recycable and compostable packaging with no plastic included. And the good news is it is organic (not certified), vegan, Fairtrade certified and palm oil free.
Our Truffle Making Kit makes a very special gift for birthdays, Mother's or Father's Day, Easter, Christmas, or just for a fun rainy day activity. It is also great to use as an activity entertainment idea for kid's birthday parties :)
What it contains: 400g 75% choc Fairtrade, 3 x pouches of 'toppings', coconut sugar, cocoa powder and coconut (30g each), Instructions of how to make your truffles, 5 see-through compostable bags with ribbons for easy gifting once your truffles are ready to go. Makes approx. 50 truffles.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Cocoa comes from Ghana (ABOCFA Fairtrade cooperative), coconut sugar comes from Indonesia (also a Fairtrade cooperative)
- Organic? Yes but not certified
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Ireland
- What's it made from? Chocolate, almonds, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and coconut
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes - not certified
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%. All packaging is compostable (box & paper)
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes 100 %. All packaging is recylable (box & paper)
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: all ages but we would recommend adult supervision
- Shelf life: 8 months
- Awards: No
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes (in so much as any chocolate...don't get it on your dry-clean-only white dress!)
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We think it is a great idea and the truffles are absolutely delicious! But let us know what you think!
Care/use instructions: Store in dry and cool place out of sunlight.
Microwave instructions (not included in the box): Pour the cream into a microwave-safe pot and cover it with a paper towel. Turn your microwave to its medium or high setting, and heat the cream for between 30 and 60 seconds, keep an eye on it, if it starts bubbling stop. Remove the cream from the microwave - if it is ready it should be steaming, if it was dairy cream it will have risen slightly and be a bit and be a bit bubbly on top. Stir it for a couple of seconds before pouring over your well chopped chocolate. If you find you need to heat the chocolate more only heat 10 seconds at a time to stir in any big lumps