A DIY, solar-powered car: build it, decorate it, charge it, switch it on and watch it drive!
What it contains: A precut sheet of cardboard, wheel attachments, and solar/electric "Powerbase" module (polycrystalline solar panel, rechargeable battery, electric motor and gear system). Size once assembled: 9 x 4 x 5 cm
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - France mainly
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - France
- What's it made from? Cardboard from sustainably-managed forests, green printing ink, mini solar panel, LED, switch, and Lithium-Ion battery that is charged by sunlight.
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard from sustainably-managed forests, printed with eco inks
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes except the solar/electric module
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes except the solar/electric module
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Cardboard - yes;
- Solar/electric module: plastic - yes; electrics - yes via WEEE; solar panel - yes via WEEE but the rare earth elements can't be recovered
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 7+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Lépine International Paris Competition: silver medal
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Making the solar panel from organic materials!! Watch this space!
Care/use instructions: Place on a bright windowsill or balcony, or under a lamp. to charge. Then switch it on! One day's charging in sunlight gives 25 minutes' driving time. Comes pre-charged and ready to play. Comes with 1 year warranty.
Search terms: Father's Day, STEM, engineering design, model car