A durable bioplastic cup made in Germany from plants, not petroleum. Food-safe, dishwasher-safe, stackable, unbreakable. Perfect for kids at home, picnics, and parties.
What it contains: A durable bioplastic cup 7.3cm tall, 7cm in diameter, 200ml volume
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No - sugarcane doesn't grow here - Brazil (sugarcane leftovers), Germany (natural mineral: lime)
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Bioplastic - an innovative, carbon-neutral material made from the leftovers after sugarcane is harvested. It's carbon-neutral because plants absorb carbon as they grow - whereas petroleum-based plastic has a carbon footprint of up to 6 times its own weight in CO2. Bioplastic is fully recyclable at end of life along with petro-plastics. Think of it as FairTrade coffee - looks the same, tastes the same, but has a very different impact on the world because of how it's produced.
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes - bioplastics can be recycled along with petroplastics at your local civic amenity centre - we checked with the folk behind MyWaste.ie.
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All ages
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: EU safety standards
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?