100% Recycled, 100% Huggable! Keel Toys is a big plush toy maker; we're delighted to support its admirable move towards recycled materials.
The KeelEco range is made from 100% recycled materials:
- Recycled polyester (rPET) for the outer and the stuffing - made by melting used plastic drinks bottles spinning into new polyester. A 30cm toy uses up to 16 x 500ml old drinks bottles!
- Recycled glass beads for weights
- Even the label is made from recycled materials!
Traditional glass eyes have been replaced with cotton embroidered eyes, which give them a unique and playful character.
The iconic red Keel hanging tag is now Sustainability-certified**-certified cardboard only
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.
Feel great about where it comes from
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it
- Biodegradable / compostable? No (plastic)
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes - together with other textiles. See MyWaste.ie A to Z for how to recycle anything in Ireland.
Feel great about you and your child using it
- Great for ages: All!
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish these were made in Europe? We searched for 2 years for sustainable-materials soft toys made in Europe?and found just 1 UK producer of unaffordable teddies. There are lots of European soft toy companies but because, like clothing, soft toys are labour-intensive to make, they've all moved production to lower-cost countries.
Spot clean, surface wash
Search terms: dino