Pure wool felt that's great for making handicrafts, toys and decorations. TrueFelt feels soft and pliable to the touch, and comes in a range of bright and attractive colours.
What it contains: 1 sheet of TrueFelt by De Witte Engel, 20cm x 30 cm, thickness 1-1.2mm
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No - raw wool is from outside the EU
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Netherlands
- What's it made from? 100% sheep's wool, at least 70% of which merino; synthetic dyes (see footnote 1)
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Reused cardboard boxes; no plastic
- Plastic-free? Yes!
- Vegan? No - made from sheep's wool
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes including no mulesing
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes!
- Reusable / refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: OEKO-TEX®; EU code EN71 (toy safety); Colourfast in light: regular to very good (UNE-EN ISO 105-B02/OU); Martindale abrasion test standard UNE-EN ISO 12945-2:2001; Firesafety test PANO 1’ FELTINA, UNE-EN-13501 Class B-s1, d0
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Make it organic
Care/use instructions: IRON at 148 °C/ 300 °F; VACUUM or gently BRUSH any dry stains and dirt; DAB and BLOT any wet stains with towel; use the WOOL PROGRAM if machine washing; use SPOTLIFTER for any grease stains
1. Because using natural dyes on felt is so chemical-intensive it doesn't meet environmental standards