This top takes some practice and concentration to get going! Use 2 hands to roll the pencil and start it spinning. Drop it (spinning) at an angle onto paper and see what spiraling shape it creates.
A wobbly spin creates a frizzy line. A larger angle creates larger loops. A one-stop education in physics, and the art of trial, error, and persistence!
Handcrafted in a workshop in Austria from PEFC-certified sustainable local wood.
Our range of spinning tops are difficulty-rated from 1 (easiest) to 6 (most challenging). This unique top is level 5 and comes with a pencil in a gift box.
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Austria
- Organic? Yes
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Austria
- What's it made from? PEFC-certified sustainable local wood
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard Box with plastic lid (PVC)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard Boxes
- Plastic-free? Yes
- Vegan? Yes
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - a great toy to reuse
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: 7+
- Shelf life: indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: Yes - European toy safety standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? n/a
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We love this handmade spinning top but we wish the packaging on this product would come without plastic!