When we heard someone in the UK was collecting waste bouncy castles and inflatables (paddling pools) and turning them into bags, we had to be part of it.
Georgia and team at Wyatt & Jack are doing amazing work:
- Showing that upcycling can be fun and beautiful;
- Helping businesses and individuals divert waste from landfill;
- Demonstrating how much work it is to repurpose a broken paddling pool, making us think twice before buying one, and making us want to repair and keep-in-use those we already have. (If you have a torn inflatable try our Gorilla Tape repair hack!)
We know you love rainbows so we asked them to make one for us, and they came up with this...we love it!
These bags easily wipe clean inside and outside (no pesky lining). They're waterproof. They're extremely hard-wearing with black webbing adjustable shoulder straps with thumb loops and a top handle for small hands.
Each bag has its own label of provenance, so if it's a gift you won't need to do the explaining :-)
- Raw materials from Europe? Kind of - the waste bouncy castles and inflatables are sourced from businesses and people in Europe (mainly UK). But the original production of those items, before they were originally sold to those people, is likely to have been China
- Organic? N/A
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - on the Isle of Wight
- What's it made from? Upcycled waste plastic - PVC from broken bouncy castles and defunct inflatables
- What's it packaged in? Nothing! Just the way we like it!
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? No - upcycled plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - upcycled plastic
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - upcycled plastic
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? PVC is hard to recycle. But this bag is very repair-able and up-cycle-able and comes with a 1-year free-repair warranty.
- Great for ages: 3+ - plastic bags are a choking hazard (even if they are beautifully upcycled!) - not a toy
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: A bag, not a toy
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We think it's perfect! But we'd love to hear your suggestions.
Search terms: school, schoolbag, school bag