Comfortable-to-use recycled scissors for children. Very safe, made by an experienced scissors producer, with a blunt tip and restricted opening angle. Suitable for left- or right-handed children.
Curvy handle encourages fingers are properly positioned. Big loops are comfortable to use.
Blade will cut paper, foam, or felt, but will not accidentally cut fingers :-)
We don't love that these are made in China (22,000km away) or that their packaging includes single-use plastic. They're the best we've been able to find and better than you having to choose between no scissors, and virgin-plastic made-in-China scissors. And we like to encourage big producers like this when they add a recycled product.
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China. We can't find anyone making kids' scissors in Europe?(suggestions welcome!)
- Organic? N/A - not made from plants
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China. We can't find anyone making kids' scissors in Europe?(suggestions welcome!)
- What's it made from? Stainless steel. recycled plastic. The maker says 100% recycled, the distributor says 50% recycled - we're trying to figure out which is right!
- What's it packaged in? Recycled cardboard with recycled (but single-use - boo!) plastic covering :-(
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? No - handles made from recycled plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes, recycled
- Biodegradable / compostable? No (metal and plastic)
- Reusable / refillable? Yes will last for years
- Recyclable? Yes at your local civic amenity center (not in your home recycling bin). See MyWaste.ie for recycling advice.
- Great for ages: 4-10 years
- Shelf life: Indefinite
Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None but let us know your suggestions!