Everything you need to grow your own plant - soil, pot, seeds, and instructions!
What it contains:
- 1 terracotta pot (5.5cm diameter)
- 1 disc of dehydrated coconut soil
- 1 bag of seeds
- Instructions in English
Overall kit measures 18cm x 12cm x 6cm.
How to use it:
- Reconstitute the coconut soil by sprinkling it with 6 to 8 times its volume in water.
- Fill the pot with this soil.
- Sow a seed 5 mm deep.
- Water regularly.
- Keep indoors, ideally at 18-20° C.
Germination will happen quickly - in about 12 days. When the plant is a few centimeters tall, move to a larger pot (7cm to 9cm diameter). Once established, you can move out into your garden (do this in a warm month like May!) or to an even larger (25cm diameter) pot on your balcony or terrace.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - France
- Organic? No, the seeds are not organic
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - France
- What's it made from? Cardboard, paper, recycled coconut husk soil, seeds
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+
- Shelf life: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a growing kit, not a toy per se
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes but packed in a facility that also packs peanut seeds, so we don't feel good about recommending if you are peanut-allergic.
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?