Wax crayons made from renewable raw materials. Specially developed for use on natural textiles (cotton, bamboo, etc), they are not suitable for synthetic fabrics or wool.Please note: A slight white haze on the wax crayons (the 'wax bloom') indicates quality and a high proportion of pure beeswax.
How to use your textile crayons: First, wash and dry the textile. Put some paper or card under the textile surface you want to decorate (e.g., between the t-shirt front and back). Draw on a firm surface. When you're finished, cover your drawing with absorbant paper and iron from the back side of the fabric without steam until no more colour adheres to paper. Then, iron your drawing from the front side without paper. Wait at least 2 days before washing, which you can do at up to 40°C with a mild detergent and without bleach. Details:
What it contains1 x cardboard box with either 15 or 6 coloured crayons, depending on your selection.
- Raw materials from Europe? * Yes - TBC
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Vegetable waxes, beeswax, vegetable stearines, harmless color pastes and pigments
- What's it packaged in? Sustainability-certified* cardboard box, paper sleeve each crayon
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box
- Plastic-free? Yes
- Vegan? No - includes beeswax
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
- Biodegradable compostable? Yes!
- Reusable refillable? Yes - talk to us about refills
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: CE-marked (meets EU safety standards)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?
[Search terms: bees wax, bee wax]
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.