This 2.5cm-wide paper sticky tape is a good all-purpose tape, useful for craft projects and packaging.
Cut or tear. Peels-off again cleanly on most hard surfaces (not paper/card). Strongly adhesive - sticks well.
It can be left on packaging for recycling in your green bin.
The tape itself is totally plastic-free but the adhesive isn't. There isn't a tape in existence that sticks well without some petroleum-derived resins (e.g., acrylic resin) in the adhesive. They are a small enough % of the product weight that they don't interfere with recycling, but they do mean the tape can't be composted (sorry!)
- Raw materials from Europe? TBC - TBC
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Italy
- What's it made from? Paper, adhesive (natural rubber, hydrocarbonic resins, solvent)
- What's it packaged in? Nothing! The core (the hard 'roll' that's left when you use-up the tape) is made from recycled paper and cardboard
- Shipping packaging from wholesaler to us: Plastic sheath :-(
- Plastic-free? Yes except the petroleum-derived resins in the adhesive
- Vegan? TBC
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? Not compostable because the adhesive includes petroleum-derived ingredients
- Reusable / refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Solvent-free? Not entirely; adhesive includes solvents
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Do without the plastic sheath
Search terms: cello tape, cellotape, sellotape