This wooden puzzle version of a world globe is the perfect tabletop addition to any study. It has an engraved stand with a secret compartment. The rotation of the gears symbolises rotation about Earths core.
What it contains: 231 parts on 4 ply sheets, 20 spare parts, rubber bands, axles (large and small), ruler (for checking dimensions) and thread.
You will need: a razor blade, scissors, sandpaper and a wax candle. No need for glue or paint (but you can paint it, if you want to!).
Size of assembled model: 26cm x 16cm x 18cm.
How to use it: Very carefully push out the pieces from the front side of the board, taking care not to break them. If the piece does not come out, gently cut any notches with the razor blade. To reduce friction, use the candle to wax the gear face and axle rotation areas. Assemble in a well-lit area, and follow the instructions carefully. You can also disassemble this model in reverse order.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Russia/ Belarus
- Organic? N/A
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Poland
- What's it made from? FSC-certified birch plywood
- What's it packaged in? Wooden box and shrink wrapped
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? No-shrink wrapped
- Vegan? N/A
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 14+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Toy of the year in Poland 2018
- Safety standards met:
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Wish it wasn't shrinkwrapped, will talk with the maker about that. Otherwise very happy!
Search terms: world map