Re-finish the scuffed toe, or separating heel of your shoes. Fix a tear in your wellies. or even a hole in the sole of your trainers.
Stick anything to the wall without drilling.
Personalise a backpack or a stapler.
Heat-insulate a pot or mug handle (yes, it will withstand dishwasher-ing).
Fill cracks in your dishwasher.
Sugru dries flexible so also great for wires and things that must bend.
It's non-toxic but not tested for food contact so fix anything else but not lunchboxes :-).
What it contains: Individually packed Sugru mouldable glue sachets, each 3g
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? It's made from chemicals so I doubt it
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? No - UK
- What's it made from? 25-50% silicone (polysiloxane), 25–50% talc, methyltris(methylethylketoxime)silane and (3-aminopropyl)triethoxysilane
- What's it packaged in? Individual sachets and cardboard box. For Sugru to stay fresh and usable, it needs a sachet made of a sophisticated laminate of aluminium and petroleum-based plastic, making the sachets not-recyclable. We stock it anyway because it's so helpful in keeping much bigger, useful objects in use (and out of the bin).
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? No - you could argue Sugru is itself a plastic, being made of petroleum-derived chemicals and not being biodegradable. We stock it because it's so helpful in keeping useful items in use, but tell us if you think this is the wrong choice!
- Vegan? Not yet - they want it to be and are working on it
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No. sugru is made to last. We believe it is good for the environment because it is durable and helps you keep your things for longer instead of throwing them away
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Cardboard box - yes; rest - no
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts—choking hazard, and not recommended for eating! Probably most easily used by adults but I'm sure kids over age 5 could fix, or help fix, things with it.
- Shelf life: At room temperature, 13 months from when it's manufactured (our current stock was made in August 2021). Keep it in fridge or freezer to triple this to 36 months.
- Awards: Sugru's unique, patented formula has earned it dozens of awards including the European Inventor Award 2018 and global scientific recognition
- Safety standards met: European safety standards including toy safety standards. CE-marked
- Solvent-free? Don't think so!
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Off skin - yes. Off clothes, a damp cloth will remove residue unless the Sugru has been well worked into the fabric in which case it may be difficult to remove completely
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Honestly we're not going to lobby Sugru to change. The founder is very eco-minded and I'm sure she's only using a plastic-lined Aluminium sachet for lack of other options.
Care/use instructions: Keep refrigerated for longer use. Once a sachet is open it will dry-out so find creative ways to use it all up!
Search terms: putty