"My daughter who is 8 reacts to Snazaroo make up which is meant to be one of the more skin friendly make ups. I'm wondering if you would have samples of the brand that you sell so we could check if it'll work for us? We used to love facepainting here."
Me: "Tell you what: if you order some and it irritates her skin, just let me know and I'll refund you and take it back from you to use as a demo."
Parent: "We got the paints yesterday and tried them! Success!!! Thank you so much! They stayed on for ages without fading too! I was so pleasantly surprised! Absolutely delighted that my daughter now has face paint options. Thank you so much for your help!"
[Copy-pasted verbatim from our website live chat]
Water-based, certified-organic, hypoallergenic (dermatologically tested) face paint.
Washes easily off with soap and water.
Packed in an innovative cardboard palette, or as a wooden pencil.
Packed in France by adults with disabilities, at a facility that promotes social and professional inclusion.
What it contains:
- 8-colour kit: 1 cardboard palette with 8 colors of facepaint (2.5g each), 1 cosmetic brush, 2 latex (rubber) sponges, and a booklet with instructions for 7 facepaint designs. Pack size is 20 x 10 x 3.5 cm. Enough paint for about 50 faces.
- 3-colour kit: 1 cardboard palette with 3 colors of facepaint (2.5g each), 1 cosmetic brush, and instructions for 2 facepaint designs. Pack size is 13 x 7.5 x 0.8 cm. Enough paint for about 12 faces.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - EU
- Organic? Yes - Cosmo Organic certified - this certifies that at least 95% of the ingredients are of natural origin, and at least 95% of the plant-based ingredients were organically grown
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Italy
- What's it made from?
- Facepaint: Cornstarch*, glyceryl oleate citrate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, Vitamin E, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, dehydroacetic acid (preservative, rated 1 out of 10 - lowest risk - by ewg.org). Red also includes: mica. All colors may also contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide green), CI 77742 (manganese violet), CI 75470 (carmine). * Organically-grown ingredients. 99% of ingredients by weight are of natural origin; 10% are from organically-grown plants.
- Pallete and box are cardboard
- Brush is made from: wood, aluminium, nylong
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? Yes except for 2 little rivets on the palette that hold the colors in
- Vegan? No - red colour uses carmine (made from insects)
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 3 years +
- Shelf life: 12 months after opening
- Awards: Certified Imprim’vert for eco-friendly printing
- Safety standards met:
- Cosmo Organic certified - this certifies that at least 95% of the ingredients are of natural origin, and at least 95% of the plant-baesd ingredients were organically grown
- Qualite France certified
- European Standards for Toys (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes with soap and warm water
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We have asked the maker to work on their packaging imagery - to add more ethnic diversity, to feature children with visible disabilities, to shake-up gender stereotyping, and to omit cultural insensitivity like dressing-up as a native American. They're already doing this as each product reprints, and their most recent products are really good in this respect. So we're glad to support them, as they are so great in nearly every other aspect, and taking action on this former blind spot.
- Add some water to the face paints and apply to skin using the brush.
- Remove with warm water and soap.
- Leave brush and palette out to dry before putting away.