Beautiful minimalist natural-beeswax birthday candles handmade with care in Ireland. To light up everyone's birthday and occasion, from 1 to 101!
Hand dipped with love and care on a farm in beautiful County Tipperary with wax harvested from the farm’s specially sown 3 hectares of wildflower meadows, blackberries, tree blossoms and from organic clover and meadows.
Safe for food contact (in fact, natural beeswax is itself edible)
[Unless other birthday candles say otherwise, they're probably made from paraffin wax, a by-product of crude oil]
What it contains: 6 natural beeswax-coloured birthday candles in a box. Dimensions each candle: 0.5cm x 12 cm (box is 15cm x 5cm x 4cm). No paraffin wax.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Ireland
- Organic? The candles are not certified organic. However the candles are all natural, 100% pure beeswax, hand dipped traditionally, crafted on the farm by beekeepers.
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes, in Ireland
- What's it made from? Local farmers' beeswax and 100% cotton wick. No chemical processing, no artificial colors or scents.
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? No - beeswax
- Animal-cruelty-free? Not tested on animals
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Cardboard box yes!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Candles are not a toy and must be managed by adults
- Shelf life: These candles will last for years if stored correctly in a box. They may get a 'bloom' which can be rubbed off with a soft cloth.
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - we think they're perfect - although we would also like to offer vegan (e.g., soywax) plastic-free candles - if you know of anyone making them in Europe? let us know!
Care/use instructions: Do not leave burning candles unattended.
[Search terms: bees wax, bee wax]