100% Recycled, 100% Huggable! Keel Toys is a big plush toy maker; we're delighted to support its admirable move towards recycled materials.
The KeelEco range is made from 100% recycled materials:
- Recycled polyester (rPET) for the outer and the stuffing - made by melting used plastic drinks bottles spinning into new polyester. A 30cm toy uses up to 16 x 500ml old drinks bottles!
- Recycled glass beads for weights
- Even the label is made from recycled materials!
Traditional glass eyes have been replaced with cotton embroidered eyes, which give them a unique and playful character.
The iconic red Keel hanging tag is now Sustainability-certified**-certified cardboard only
- Biodegradable / compostable? No (plastic)
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes - together with other textiles. See MyWaste.ie A to Z for how to recycle anything in Ireland.
- Great for ages: All!
- Shelf life: indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish these were made in Europe! There are lots of European soft toy companies but because, like clothing, soft toys are labour-intensive to make, they've all moved production to lower-cost countries.
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.