A sturdy birdhouse designed for tits and similar small birds. Easy to assemble and tie to your tree or building.
Bird species next at different times, but some birds will start looking for a nest site in January and February. And many will have been keeping an eye out for options all summer and winter!
And even when it's not nesting season, birds may enjoy some safe, hygge time in your birdhouse.
So, if you'd welcome any species of visitor, put your birdhouse up any time of year.
If you're hoping to keep your birdhouse for a specific migratory species:
- Put it up just a week or two before it usually appears in the Spring, so it doesn't get nabbed by another bird family!
- Make sure the entrance hole is the right size for them. Our wooden birdhouse's entrance is just the right size for tits like bluetits.
- Does your birdhouse need some camouflage, or shade from sun / wind?
- Is it near food?
- Is it secure? Mammy and Daddy birds don't like wobbly birdhouses!
- Clean it after nesting season to make sure it's free of mice or parasites
What it contains: Pieces to assemble a birdhouse, dimensions when assembled: 30 x 11 x 11 cm; instructions. Wood thickness: 5mm.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Poland - Yes
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Poland
- What's it made from? FSC-certified birch plywood, varnish recommended for toys, natural coconut oil.
- What's it packaged in? Nothing!
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Plant-based packing peanuts, cardboard box, recycled paper
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused, upcycled or recycled? No - new wood
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All but kids will will need a teen or adult to help with assembly
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards (won by the producer): 1st place: 'Child-Friendly World' competition 2019 (Poland's oldest toy competition); 1st place eco company in Baltów; Be the Change! competition; among others
- Safety standards met: relevant European standards for toys (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!