The first flexible construction toy we've found...and it's made in Europe from sugar and wood!!! Really fun in a challenging, fractal, get-really-creative-in-3-dimensions way!
What it contains: flexible construction strips and a booklet of tips, tricks, and inspiration - in a cardboard box or home-compostable bag
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Germany
- Organic? Not sure, checking!
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Sugar and wood!!!
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box, FSC-certified
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? We believe so, checking
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Packaging - yes! Toy itself - no (and that's good)! The benefit of bio-plastic is that it's carbon-neutral (unlike petro-plastic, making which emits 6 times its own weight in CO2 (a lot!)). Bio-plastic toys are durable and will last many childhoods of play - we wouldn't want them to biodegrade. But if/when they're no longer usable, they're fully recyclable along with petro-plastic toys.
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes in your home recycling bin (box), yes at a civic amenity center (the toy itself)
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+ but I find older children tend to love this toy more, age 7+ through teens up to adults
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Spiel Gut play value
- Safety standards met: European standard for sport devices DIN EN 913
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? N/A
- Peanut-free? N/A
- Soy-free? N/A
- Lactose-free? N/A
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
Search terms: wonky