Pure wool felt that's great for making handicrafts, toys and decorations. TrueFelt feels soft and pliable to the touch, and comes in a range of bright and attractive colours.
What it contains: 1 sheet of craft felt 20cm x 30 cm, thickness 1-1.2mm. Our stock is TrueFelt by De Witte Engel, - except colours red, green (both shades), and white which are now from Filges - which are even more eco, wool from organic farms in Germany and dyed with plant dyes. We are gradually transitioning all our shades over to Filges.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No - raw wool is from outside the EU
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Netherlands
- What's it made from? 100% sheep's wool, at least 70% of which merino; synthetic dyes (see footnote 1)
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Reused cardboard boxes; no plastic
- Plastic-free? Yes!
- Vegan? No - made from sheep's wool
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes including no mulesing
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes!
- Reusable / refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: OEKO-TEX®; EU code EN71 (toy safety); Colourfast in light: regular to very good (UNE-EN ISO 105-B02/OU); Martindale abrasion test standard UNE-EN ISO 12945-2:2001; Firesafety test PANO 1’ FELTINA, UNE-EN-13501 Class B-s1, d0
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Make it organic
Care/use instructions: IRON at 148 °C/ 300 °F; VACUUM or gently BRUSH any dry stains and dirt; DAB and BLOT any wet stains with towel; use the WOOL PROGRAM if machine washing; use SPOTLIFTER for any grease stains
1. Because using natural dyes on felt is so chemical-intensive it doesn't meet environmental standards