The 'school and adult' size backpack is out of production (we are very sad!) but we see a few left with our friends in Greystones Anniepooh - see here to order online from them.
You can’t tell, but the outside of these stylish backpacks is made of recycled soft drinks bottles.
They have a (virgin) polyester lining, and both the main compartment and outer pocket close with a zip. The larger size has an open size pocket for your water bottle, and an extra inside pocket.
They can be carried as a backpack but also have hand straps.
There is a name label on the inside bearing the stitched text: travel with me around the world.
Water resistant and wipe-able.
Their funky rainbow stripes in powdery tints of pink, blue, green, yellow and orange will bring sunshine to your day.
What it contains: 1 backpack, dimensions:
- School / adult: 36cm tall x 26cm wide x 11cm thick (volume: 10 litres) - tall enough for A4 folders and most Irish school books including workbooks
- Pre-school / day bag: 31cm tall x 23cm wide x 10cm thick (volume: 7 litres) - ideal for pre-school, not tall enough for Irish school workbooks
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China
- Organic? N/A
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? Recycled plastic (PET) drinks bottles
- What's it packaged in? Industrially-compostable bag (put into your home recycling organic waste bin)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? No - 100% recycled plastic outer, virgin polyester lining
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - 100% recycled plastic outer, virgin polyester lining
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - recycled plastic
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes along with textile waste
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish things like this were made in Europe? Meanwhile we'll very selectively stock them and off-set the transport carbon emissions with One Tree Planted
Search terms: school, schoolbag, school bag