We didn't order this product, because it contains a plastic paintbrush and a plastic holder for the paints. Just 1 box (10 paint sets) was sent to us in error. Should we send them back to Germany or just ensure they get used here in Ireland? We're not sure, so are listing them here for now!
Decorate real eggs for Easter with these natural egg paints! Suitable for painting on dyed eggs, but they work better on un-dyed eggs.
What it contains: Cardboard box with plastic insert containing 6 natural paint dics: red, yellow, green, orange, blue and pink; plastic paintbrush.
Where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Germany
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Calcium carbonate, vegetable starch, titanium dioxide, potassium sorbate, glycerol. Colors: carmine E120, turmeric/curcumin E100, indigo carmine E132, chlorophyllin E140
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box, plastic insert
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box, paper padding
- Plastic-free? No :-(
- Vegan? No - the red colour is based on carmine (insect-derived)
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Paints and box yes 100%; plastic insert and paintbrush no
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: DIN EN 71 (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? ?
- Lactose-free? ?
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Skin: yes; clothes: these paints use natural dyes so may stain white or light-coloured clothing
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Non-plastic insert and paintbrush!