das.Brett supports intuitive, imagination play and exercise for children, and also fitness for teens and adults. Children will balance, kneel, or lie on the board. They'll turn it into a slide, a bridge, or a pirate ship! The simplicity of the design stimulates their creativity. Waldorf education pioneered using natural materials to stimulate children as they develop...treetrunks were split, hollowed, and made into see-saws - and that is the inspiration for das.Brett. Teens and adults use it for high- and low-intensity exercise, to improve their agility, endurance, strength, balance and coordination.
What it contains: 1 board (86 cm x 28 cm x 19 cm, weight 2.2kg), instructions for use
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Wood: Sustainable forest in Thuringia, Germany; oils: southern Germany
- Organic? The beech wood is grown without pesticides (but there is no organic certification for forestry, that we know of, yet!)
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - A specialised carpentry in Erzgebirge, Germany
- What's it made from? Natural beechwood made into a 7-ply beech veneer; natural oils that are solvent-free, dermatologically tested, and even foodsafe; natural colours; natural cork
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box, brown paper and cardboard padding only - 100% plastic-free!
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 3+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European standard for sport devices DIN EN 913
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
Care/use instructions: No more than 1 person at a time. Weight limit 120 kg (18 st 12 lbs). Sports equipment, not a toy! Children under the age of 6 must be carefully supervised. Only use on a level surface!
[Search terms: Brett, balance, balanceboard]